Friday, October 13, 2006

I hate reading!

Oh, I really hate reading - it disrupts my life faaaaaar too much. Problem is, when I get started I just get obsessed and find it completely impossible to even think about anything else.

I started reading Jennifer Chiaverini's The Quilter's Apprentice yesterday and here I am now at work and I can't think about anything except quilting! And it's not even as if I've actually done any quilting, it's just something I'd love to try.

But it's like this with almost every book I read, with a new Harry Potter, you won't see me at all for as long as it takes to read the entire book, and when I finish, I'm devastated that it's over!

I wonder if it's rather childish of me to invest so much of myself in a piece of fiction, or perhaps it's a reflection of how unsatisfying and un-fulfilling a major part of my life is (ie. work). But dabbling in one craft/subject/interest for a few years before moving on to the next one isn't exactly a constructive way of building a career with a reasonable income. So I don't see how I can continue doing anything other than I've being doing since I entered paid employment......

No comments: