Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas


I finish work today until the 7th January (hurray!) so, between now and then, I don't know when I'll get the chance to blog again or catch up with everybody. I thought I'd leave you with a photo of my Christmas tree, complete with knitted monkee in a Santa hat!


On Monday we'll be heading off up the M1/M6 to my parents' house where we'll be staying over Christmas and for most of next week. On our way. we have to stop off in Manchester at my sister's house to drop off presents and pick up my brother who is coming over for Christmas week from his home in Orlando (the one in Florida). I haven't seen him since last Christmas, so it'll be lovely to see him again.

I'm also looking forward to being back home in Scotland. Somehow, I find it easier to relax up there. The air seems so much clearer and fresher and the scenery is amazing.


This poor monkee doesn't look entirely happy with all the Christmas festivities, although I do think he enjoyed being permitted to scramble around in the Christmas tree.


I just have this sneaking suspicion that his is more of a 'bah humbug' sort of expression. Or maybe he's just tired. Poor thing.

So until next time, wishing you all the best for a Merry Christmas and a good New Year.

Merry Christmas

8 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Merry Christmas to you all as well and may you have safe travels to and from your destinations!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Lesley! Enjoy your vacation :)

Sally said...

I spotted the monkey straight away! Your tree looks gorgeous.

Have a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy your holiday!

Cheryl said...

Happy Christmas Lesley and hope you have a safe journey up here

The Silver Thistle said...

Just popping by to wish you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas!

Hope you have a fantastic time up here in Scotland when you come to visit. Welcome home :D

Hahahah, Malky the Monkee! Malky....as in 'giving someone a doin'? LOL. Love it!!

Your Mill Hill ornament is seriously one of the best I've seen! It's just beautiful! I'm envious though, I didn't manage to make a single one this year, despite good intentions......there's always next year though, ahahah.

Looking forward to hearing all your news in 2008!

Andrea said...

LOL @ monkey. It makes me laugh everytime I see him.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy your holiday break.

DaisyGirl said...

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your time off! I know I'm enjoying mine!
Donna

Carol said...

Merry Christmas to you too - I just love the monkey!