Monday, January 12, 2009

Back-to-work Blues


I had to leave this little darling at home this morning to start back at work. She sat on the window sill watching me with a look that said "Why are you going away outside Mummy? Why aren't you staying at home with me?" Roll on 5.30pm!

Needless to say, now that I'm back at work, my fingers are itching to get on with my stitching. I can see that I'm back to it in a big way and crochet is already fading into the background. Now that I'm back at work, maybe I'll have a little more blogging time to share what I've been up to.

11 comments:

Kitty said...

Awww, I hope you're doing ok today - that must be difficult. Still, what a fantastic smile from your lovely girl at the top of the post - presumably that's what you'll see when you get home later!

x

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Who would want to leave that darling cherub?! Roll on 5:30!

Julie said...

Awww how cute, i would have sobbed!

Wishing you a wonderful 2009

Kathy A. said...

Oh, I know it will be tough. She is such a darling and I know you have enjoyed getting to know her. Hopefully your day will go fast. Nice to hear from you. Thanks for your lovely comments this morning. Wishing you and your family all the best in this new year.

Rowyn said...

Awww, I'd be upset leaving her behind to go to work too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor you, having to go back to work - I feel for you!

I hope you were greeted with such a gorgeous smile when you got back in!

:)

Cheryl said...

Look at the size of her now! She's so cute! Hope work is bearable for you.
Did the RR arrive?

Mary said...

I'd sure hate to leave that little angel! She is so sweet. I hope the day went by fairly quickly for you.

I'd love to have you participate in the PIF! Just send me an email with your mailing address.

Erna said...

Hi Lesley, thanks for visiting my blog, I've put you in mine. Love your crochet. Hope to stay in touch about all the Scottish things.
Bye
Erna

Solstitches said...

You little girl is adorable. What a sweet bundle of joy.

Margaret

mainely stitching said...

Returning to work is such a double-edged sword, isn't it? While it's great to be back in "the real world" it's so heartbreaking to be away from the wee ones. Good luck!