Thursday, October 01, 2009

12 stitches in September

In June and July, Gay Ann Rogers was challenging stitchers in her Shining Needle Society group to stitch 12 stitches a day on a project. Well, I may be a little late catching up with this one, but I started my 12 stitches a day at the beginning of September and I’m delighted with the progress I’ve been making.

The project I’ve resurrected for this is Medieval Town Mandala. Here’s where I started at the beginning of the month.


When Alexander goes to bed at night I have a little bit of time while he’s in the bathroom and getting changed when I’m rather just hanging around waiting for him. So, in this little time slot, I’m fitting in my 12 stitches.


I have changed the rules slightly, my goal is at least 12 stitches a day. 12 stitches minimum (Alexander permitting), but there have been days when I’ve been able to at least double the 12. And if I have a day when I’m just looking for a project to work on just to fill some time, the MTM gets a bit of attention then too.


I’m aiming to get this corner finished by the end of October – that’ll see me half way through part 5.