Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tossing the Floss

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for all the lovely comments on my last post - I'm glad you like him as much as we all do. Certainly finding him brightened up a grey day, and your comments brightened up another dull day!


Not that I'm complaining about dull days! From now until Christmas is just about my favourite time of year. I love watching the trees change colour and the leaves fall. I've been noticing recently that the area around where I live and work has quite a lot of trees and a walk outside always throws up something worth looking at. I have to keep reminding myself to carry my camera with me all the time!


I have a couple of stitchy designs in my stash featuring some gorgeous trees and they've been calling out to me recently so much that I've dug them out!

La Pineta di Classe by Renato Parolin

Il bosco di Bengtsson, Renato Parolin again!

I've planned, since before I bought it, to stitch Il bosco di Bengtsson on a greyish background using white floss with a touch of blending filament to give a frosty feel. But I've suddenly started thinking about doing La Pineta di Classe in autumn colours.


Don't you just love those autumn shades?


But which to choose? I've managed to narrow it down to about 5 colours, but none is exactly right - I can have greens and golds or browns and reds, but not all at the same time!


Choices, choices! I'm not quite sure what to do yet - a mixture is probably the answer, but how? Any ideas, suggestions or useful thoughts welcome!



And how do you like my latest new start? Shock horror - it's knitting! I've been planning to knit a monkey for a nephew's Christmas present and got started yesterday. It was very strange to be knitting at 10.55pm last night, and enjoying it!

See you next time!

11 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Lesley
This is a belated comment to a previous post, just catching up on some blogs!
I'd love to play 'words with friends' with you, my name there is geapalmer. I've only just started so I'm jusst getting used to it.

Grace

Grace said...

PS
Love all the monkey!!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

What a happy yarn choice for the monkey! Can't wait to see him all knit up!

Karen said...

Oh that's going to be a very happy monkey! Lovely!

Unknown said...

Why not all the colors!!! Love those pieces.

MarmePurl said...

I am a big tree fan. Yours are Beautiful

Unknown said...

I think your trees will be gorgeous no matter which color you choose. I like all of them.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love those Autumn colours. Why not start with green/gold at one end and work down the shades ending up with orange/red at the other end?

Julie said...

Nice autumnal colours for your new project.

Knitting can be so relaxing, i seem to be doing more of it and crochet recently than stitching

price per head online said...

I have read your blog and find that your articles are amazing; I have added this into my bookmark. Thanks a lot.

Drain Cleaning Hollywood said...

This is a great post thhanks