Monday, November 21, 2011

iPod or not?

A quick poll!

I suspect my iPod touch (2nd gen) may be coming to the end of it's life. It frequently goes mad and rapidly switches itself between on and off (standby really) and back again many many times regardless of whether I'm using it or not. At times this can make it almost unusable and it's also having a knock-on effect on the battery. The standby button doesn't work any more either.

I've done a bit of digging online but not found anything relating to this particular problem. However I've been disappointed with comments I've seen around the life of Apple devices. Hence I'm starting to think mine may be on the way out.

I do love my iPod and I use it all the time. I use it as much for reading text as I do for listening to music, and also for Internet and blog reading.

But it seems to me it's rather expensive if it's only going to last around 2.5 years. So if I'm going to replace it, then what with?

So if anyone reading this can tell me how long they'd expect an iPod touch to last, could you let me know? Also any thoughts on alternatives? I know Samsung have one, but how well do Samsung devices last?

Or should I just get used to buying a new iPod every 2 to 3 years? Am I making a mountain out of a molehill?



Any thoughts will be very interesting! Thanks!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

4 comments:

Paula said...

If you live near an Apple store, its probably worth booking into the genius bar to get them to have look at it. My Ipod video was well out of guarantee when the sound went in one channel. I took it in and they replaced it with a refurb as it was a known issue which I hadn't been able to find anything online about. My ipod touch was replaced under guarantee because of a random starting up issue.
I had both Sony and Thomson devices neither of which were any better.

barbara said...

I don't know a thing about iPods, but I wanted to say that your little dragon on Flikr is THE CUTEST thing!

Meari said...

I've had my iPod for a little over a year and haven't had issues (yet) so I don't know what to tell you? Have you contacted Apple?

Mia Wells said...

Appreciatee this blog post